Sunday, April 18, 2010

Garnett Suspended for Game 2


The League suspended KG for game 2 versus the Heat. Honestly, he should've gotten a two game suspension. I mean the elbow was clearly deliberate. As for Quentin Richardson he was fined $25,000. 


Video after the jump.






Here is KG's lame accuse,
"I saw Paul grab his shoulder, as a stinger or whatever, so I just tried to immediately call [Celtics trainer] Ed [Lacerte] over," Garnett explained after the game. "I tried to give him some room and I just saw [Quentin Richardson] standing over him talking nonsense. I asked [Richardson] to give him some room and, before you knew it, mayhem started. That situation, man, I know these two [Richardson and Pierce] have competed against each other in the past and have history from bumping heads a little bit. I was just trying to give him the common courtesy for an injured player, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.
"I have no beef with Q, I know him personally. I thought what he did was a bit disrespectful, standing over a guy hurt, you know, and talking nonsense. Before you knew it, it all just broke out. I gotta use my head, but all I saw was Paul hurt and that's all I cared about at that time."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Everyday Slacker's Fan Box